Get good fish, the fresher the better. I like cod, but any firm, white fish would do (Chilean sea bass, monk fish, halibut). Think chunks. (Serves 4)
- 1 ½-2 lbs fresh cod
- 1/4 C Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ jalapeno seeded and minced fine
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 C halved cherry tomatoes (well, go ahead and add more if you like!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T fresh basil, chiffonaded (sliced thin)
- 3-4 green onions rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Pour a coating of olive oil (a couple tablespoons) in a medium baking pan large enough to take the cod without overlapping. Sprinkle with jalapenos, garlic, pancetta, and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Put fish into oven and turn down to 425.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until done to your specifications. I like it no more than 15 minutes. (You can always cook longer if needed.)
Remove from oven. Sprinkle with basil and green onions. Drizzle the drippings over and serve.
Great with bruscetta (or simple riced potatoes) and Tuscan cabbage.